Monday, October 26, 2009

Music Monday #6

Please click "play" and enjoy!


I found myself scrolling through the Vitamin String Quartet's website...yet again. You could literally spend hours navigating through the countless albums/songs that they have covered. So much potential...

I love the song "Chasing Cars" by Snow Patrol...I remember the first time I heard it, a few months before it became one of the most popular songs of that time (Grey's Anatomy, anyone?). The string version of this song is so beautiful...


Or do you think that the real version, lyrics and all, could be implemented? A processional song, possibly? I do love the words in the chorus...

If I lay here...If I just lay here...would you lie with me and just forget the world?

What are your thoughts? Yay or nay?

3 comments:

  1. I really like the idea of using this song! I love the regular version. For our wedding, we used nontraditional songs for everything too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it truly depends on your style. (I do remember that song becoming popular from Grey's Anatomy - I'm a die hard fan).

    Anyway, I personally love classical takes on modern/pop style songs. I myself am using the Royal Philharmonic Symphony's version of the Phil Collin's song, Groovy Kind of Love for the processional when the bridal party walks down the aisle. (I have something else planned for my walk down the aisle.) I got the idea from the episode of friends when Monica and Chandler married. So funny the influence tv soundtracks have on us :)

    I think the classical version is great of the Snow Patrol song.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looooove VSQ. I would love to use them sometime during our ceremony/cocktail hour/dinner hour. They can make the most random hard rock song sound beautiful. Definitely try to fit them into your day :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, please feel free to leave me one! Thanks! :)