Friday, October 16, 2009

Branches filled with love...

As you know, (or if you haven’t, I talked about it previously) I have acquired a love of Manzanita branches…which will tie in nicely with the bird/tree décor inspiration that I’ve accumulated thus far! My biggest inspiration, and hopefully a huge focal point for our venue, is a wish tree guest book.

This is the initial photograph that sparked my interest…

I love the idea of setting up the tree in a place where it will make a statement.

And I have the perfect location for it…


As guests arrive at Carlouel, they will walk into this front entryway. The couches will be removed, but in their place, I would like to place a large table with the wish tree on top! Guests won’t be able to miss it, and they can take the opportunity to leave us a note either before the ceremony or during the reception. Also, I have accumulated about 7-8 packages of the lovely Martha Stewart Pom kits in white (they sell them at Michaels)…which will hopefully be hanging from the rafters surrounding the tree!

Martha Stewart Crafts

I love that the tree will transform from bare branches to ones that are filled with beautiful papers replete with advice and well-wishes for our future! I’m going to have to scour some stores for crystal garlands (I’ve seen some great ones at Target around Christmas-time) to hang in the tree, and I’ll have to find some beautiful paper that the guests are able to write their messages on (and figure out the perfect size for them as well).

It’s a go! Now…I must shop for some of those dad-gummed Manzanita branches…

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, please feel free to leave me one! Thanks! :)