Now, according to the “rules,” I must tell you all 10 facts about myself. Oh boy. I feel as though I should keep things light…and allow you to laugh…so I’m going to give you my top 10 neuroses (yes, I am crazy…and now you will know it).
1. When I go grocery shopping, I absolutely cannot take the first item on a shelf. I have to take the 2nd or 3rd one back. The first one is tainted…people might have touched it.
2. When I was a child, I differentiated the different percentages of milk based on the color of the milk jug cap. When we would go to my grandparents’ house in Michigan, the cap would be a different color, and I wouldn’t want to drink it (even though it was the same as we bought at home…). My mother apparently had to bring milk caps with her to switch out on the ones in Michigan…yikes.
3. I don’t like walking next to my bed with the lights off. When I turn the lights off, I have to take a running leap into my bed, because you never know…there might be a monster under there that is going to reach out and grab my ankles. It is an insane thought, but sadly it goes through my head.
4. There are specific places on my dinner plate for each food. If there is a sauce involved, it needs to be directly next to the item that you dip the sauce in. If a food item happens to roll into the sauce that shouldn’t be in it, it is contaminated and I have to push it to the side of my plate.
5. I have a collection of what is probably around one hundred pens. They are in a large container on my desk. I have to switch out my pen when I switch tasks…if I am writing a list, I will use one pen, and then when I start writing a lesson plan, I need to switch to a new one before I begin. When I’m done with one, I place it in the back of the container, so that I rotate through my pens at an even pace.
6. I literally go to the bathroom at least 3 times before going to bed at night. One time before I wash my face/brush my teeth, another when I’m finished…and then one more for good measure…just in case. Sometimes if I forget the 3rd time, I am forced to get up out of bed to do it because it will drive me nuts otherwise.
7. I am very particular about which seat I am in at a restaurant. If the table is by a wall or a corner, I have to sit in that chair (so my back is to the wall). If the table is in the center of the dining room, I usually want to sit in a position so that I can see the most people coming in and out of the restaurant…I can’t sit facing a prep station or where I can see into the kitchen…some things I just don’t want to know about…
8. Whenever I see a stack of papers, they need to be perfectly arranged. If they aren’t, I have the uncontrollable urge to shuffle the stack so they are aligned properly.
9. I have an extreme aversion to the sound of chewing. So much, in fact, that there has to be some sort of noise in the background during a meal, whether it is music, the TV, or something else. I’ve been at dinners where there has been no noise to block out the chewing, and it has taken almost all of my strength NOT to stick my fingers in my ears!
10. When I am at home, I ALWAYS have a glass of ice water by my side. Before I go to bed at night, I have to refill it with fresh ice cubes, then I set it on my nightstand. I never drink it though.
Ok, so there you have it! Now that you think that I am seriously insane, I’m passing this on to 10 other lovely ladies…and I apologize if you have already received this! If you don't already follow their blogs, make sure to hop over and check them out!
1. Miss Mojito at With This Ring I Thee Blog