Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Revisiting the venue

So, as you may have heard, I have a jam-packed week! And, thus far it has proved to be extremely productive…I couldn’t be happier!

On Saturday, there was a wedding at our venue. I was so excited that we were lucky enough to be home during a week with a wedding occurring! The manager told us that we could swing by during the early afternoon, before the guests started to arrive. I couldn’t wait to get there!

When we originally visited the venue, it was set up for normal day-to-day club activity. This time, it was in “wedding” mode. I was so glad to see the differences! Now, I’ll share some before-and-after pictures!

Remember the front entryway?

BEFORE:

Last time, it was filled with couches and a coffee table. For a wedding, they remove these and place a skirted table in the center of the room under the light fixture.

AFTER:


…and that…my friends…is where the wish tree guestbook is going to be placed!


Can’t you just imagine it? The tree will be the first thing that our guests will see as they walk through the venue’s door…

Also, behind and to the side are the skirted tables for the gifts, etc. I found some great items to decorate that space with…but I’m going to keep you in suspense until later…


There is a NEW addition to our venue since we last visited! Apparently, there was a wedding at Carlouel in October that used grapevines wrapped with white lights and votive lamps. The manager liked it so much, that he bought it from the florist, and it has remained up ever since! Unless a bride requests it to be taken down between now and the end of May, we are going to keep it in place! And, the manager was nice enough to tell us that they would put it back up for us if we wanted it and it had been taken down! Yay for free décor items!!! And, ooooh I’m drooling at the thought of how it will be lit up during the reception…so romantic!



Just to give you an idea of how it looks lit up!!! So...romantic...


Last time we were at Carlouel, the “birdcage” area (I’m not kidding, they call it that…how perfect?) was set up for regular lunch-time pool activity.

BEFORE:



This time, we got to view the bar/cocktail hour setup! They set up a really nice large bar out by the pool, remove the tables and place them outside the covered area (and cover the tables with linens), and add a few tall pub tables. I’m digging the setup for our cocktail hour (now if only the weather would be perfect….)!

AFTER:

So, I am SO BEYOND excited about our venue after out visit! It really solidified how incredibly awesome of a choice we made. Sigh of relief, anyone???

With subsequent trips, did you just continue to fall more and more in love with your venue???

5 comments:

  1. TWINKLE LIGHTS!!! GAHHH BE STILL MY HEARTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!! I am swoooooning over your venue Katie!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your venue is so freakin pretty, I love the vines with the lights and how it all feels so full of sunlight, gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first time I visited my venue I was awestruck...the web site alone is enough to make any girl drool. But when I took my fiance for our first visit, we fell in love. We couldn't contain our excitement. Since then, I've been back to show my mom and sister, his mom and sis-in-law, and made a trip with my coordinator on the actual date/time the ceremony will take place one year before so I could view the lighting/sunset, etc.

    My next visit back will be this January when I do the walk through with our caterer and my coordinator. I can't wait! Every time I go there, I just get more and more excited.

    How fun for you to get to see it set up for a wedding...that must make your vision really come to life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats so great! I love that you got to see what it looks like in a more fitting way! And yay for free decor! I love the idea with the lights! We will be visiting our venue over the holidays, and in fact there will be a wedding faire there! Can't wait

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously Katie I LOVVVVVVVVE YOUR VENUE!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, please feel free to leave me one! Thanks! :)