Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Custom Dress Image – what style do I choose?


Remember when I was oohing and ahhing over the thought of a custom dress illustration? Well, if there is one thing I have learned since entering into the world of wedding planning, it is that people can really come out of the woodwork, in a good way!

Shortly after posting about my desire for a beautiful illustration of my dress, an old friend from high school (we’ll call her A) got in contact with me. She went to college at Parson’s for fashion design (yes…past location of Project Runway, Tim Gunn…sigh…). Anyway, she offered her services…and I couldn’t be more excited about it!

Since she is so skilled, A is able to create the illustration in a number of different styles…it is up to me to decide which I like the most! These are the styles I have to pick from…

Vintage Poster Print

Text could even be added to the side to make it resemble the vintage posters!

Modern and Color Blocked

Simple Pencil Sketch on white paper

I’m a sucker for Audrey Hepburn…but that is beside the point…

Glamour

1940’s style

A fun pose


So, which of these illustrations strikes your fancy? Where would you put an illustration like this? Personally, I am gravitating towards the vintage poster print or the “fun pose” that would be a bit more unusual. I have a preliminary sketch that A sent me, and I’ll just say that it is AWESOME! I can’t wait to share it with you!!!

Also…don’t forget to enter to win 50 custom Thank You cards from Uprinting.com (and you don’t even have to pay shipping)! The contest ends on Saturday, so make sure to head over and get your name in!

9 comments:

  1. What a cool idea! I love the glamour idea, definitely my favorite...but they are all so gorgeous, whichever you pick it will look fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know A !;)

    How wonderful, I do love the vintage !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the vintage, glamour, and fun pose. They're all so totally cool! What a great and useful friend you have. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a sucker for simple pencil sketches!! I also really like the vintage poster one. It's so awesome that you have a friend that can do this for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi I found you through my blogger buddy the Professional Bridesmaid and you had me at custom dress image.

    These pictures are all amazing in different ways but I like unique and glamour a LOT. Wow. Go for it, what an amazing piece for your home and hope to hear more soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How amazing! I love the Audrey picture. Can't wait to see what you choose and the final product!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the pencil drawing myself

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh gosh I love all of them! What a fun idea. Hmm if I HAD to choose I think I'd go with Glamour. Or Vintage Poster. But really, can you go wrong here? I don't think so! Ps, check my blog tomorrow morning. There *might* be a surprise waiting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this idea-- and soooo want one. You may have to send me her info!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, please feel free to leave me one! Thanks! :)