Tuesday, December 8, 2009

My feelings on “THE dress,” part 3…I make up my mind…

I suppose I should have started my dress-buying series with the caveat that the shopping experience happened months ago (in the summer, actually)…thank you to everyone who has offered advice/tips over the past few days though!

So…where did I leave off? In Part 1, I looked for inspiration. In Part 2, I started shopping.

And in Part 3, it’s the moment you’ve been waiting for. I make up my darned mind!

After shopping around at a few other stores, my mom, grandma, and I headed in to CC’s Boutique in St. Petersburg for my appointment. I filled out my info card, and then my consultant, Monica, met with me to start the dress process (by the way, if you are shopping for a dress at CC’s, I HIGHLY recommend that you ask for Monica; she was amazing!). She had me describe the details that I was looking for in my dress…I provided her with 5 words: lace, strapless, sweetheart neckline, fitted. Then we began.

Monica explained that the first dress that she brings out is the one that she feels matches the closest to what your ideal dress is. Depending on how you react to the different aspects (too tight? Too sparkly? Too poofy?), she adjusts her dress selections from that point.

And…wouldn’t you know it…the dress I purchased was indeed the first one she brought me. James Clifford J1820.

It met all of my criteria; strapless, form fitting, the neckline, and the lace…perfection. No sparkle, no beading. Glorious. My grandma started to cry. Aha…now we were getting somewhere!

Obviously, we couldn’t stop at the first dress, so I spent the next hour or so trying on various gowns, comparing each one to the first dress. I tried a beautiful organza gown in champagne that was a contender for a few minutes (actually, you may have seen it before, on a featured wedding on TheKnot! And, coincidentally, she got married at my venue…), but in the end I thought it looked too juvenile. I already look like I’m about 16 to the average person, I didn’t want to enhance it!

In the end though, none were close to being as perfect on me as the James Clifford. Ladies and gentlemen, I think we have a winner!

So, do you want to see it?

Well, the stock photos at least…for now…but I will say that the photos pale in comparison to this dress in real life…they just don’t do it a bit of justice whatsoever.

If you are Justin, AVERT your eyes! And, if you don't want to see it, just don't scroll down!!!

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*



So…did you feel a sense of relief after you found your dress?

6 comments:

  1. So pretty! I did feel relief. But now I'm started to second-guess myself. No worries. Kate came to visit this weekend and I fell in love with the dress again! And I would love to post it, but I can't. Ryan reads my blog and he's a snoopy snoop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooooh yummy. I like that the lace isn't overwhelming. It's just enough. And it's sophisticated lace, not overly frilly or anything. Are you going to post any pictures of you in it??

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such a pretty dress!!!! I can't wait to see pics of you in it-whether you show it now or wait til after!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Katie...the dress is beautiful! It is for sure lace. Can't wait to see *you* in it :) I also felt relief after finding the gown...especially since it took me two months, seven salons and about 30 to 40 gowns before I found it. But now I am also having second thoughts as to whether I love it as much as I originally did (sigh). I have a feeling once we start alterations I will fall in love with it all over again :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally agree with Em!!!!! You know I love it :)
    -kjpugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! Any time there's lace, I'm done!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, please feel free to leave me one! Thanks! :)