Monday, September 21, 2009

Music Monday #1

I am hereby dubbing Mondays as “Music Monday.” Hopefully, this can be an opportunity for others to help me with song selection (Should I include it? Where should it be? Etc.), and perhaps for me to share some musical ideas with other brides out there!

For my first installment, please click “play” and enjoy while you read the rest of the post!

In regards to the musical selection for the wedding, I have been considering the option of non-traditional music for the ceremony. I wasn’t one of those little girls who always dreamed of hearing the popular melody of “here comes the bride” as I walked down the aisle. This isn’t to say that music isn’t a huge part of my life; I constantly have my radio, iPod, or Pandora playing while I go about my everyday activities. I sing along to songs in the car (who cares who sees you???), and I find myself humming in the shower in the morning.

I’m thinking that perhaps with music that is more modern, my guests may be able to connect more to the ceremony (or perhaps this is all in my imagination).

I’m in love with the instrumental version of The Verve’s Bittersweet Symphony. I know that it is getting quite popular among brides…so what do you think? Does this tune have good potential for my processional? Chime in with your responses!

1 comment:

  1. Ummmm I'm in love with this!!! Thanks so much for sharing, please continue Music Mondays from now on because I have no idea what my music is going to be yet!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, please feel free to leave me one! Thanks! :)