Saturday, August 29, 2009

Venue love…for the ceremony

Ok, so we are traveling backwards in time a few weeks, before I moved! A short time before I left Florida, mom and I had our second meeting at Carlouel to talk specifics!

Can you just sense the excitement? I assure you…it was immense! We arrived at Carlouel that afternoon armed with our contract/info booklet, and of course a camera! And I know you have been dying to see the pictures…right?

So…would you like a tour? Follow me please…

Guests will drive up to the front entrance, and the valet will park their car (unless of course, they are traveling via limo or other transportation!).

As guests enter the front door, they walk into this entryway…

I believe that the couches can/will be removed. I’m imagining some white pillar candles on the mantle of the fireplace on the left, and perhaps some poofy white poms hanging from the rafters on the ceiling…

Turn to the left, and you will enter the room where the ceremony will take place…

In front of this beautiful stone fireplace (ignore the tables, it will be set up with rows of chairs for the ceremony)…

Don’t you love the cute chandeliers?




I will admit, I am a bit disappointed that there isn’t a mantle on the fireplace…I was hoping to set up an array of different sized white pillar candles on a mantle in lieu of flowers, but now it looks like we’re going to have to be creative with our décor! We are able to use two wrought iron stands on either side of the fireplace, to fill with flowers, greenery, etc…but I’m not sure how it will complement everything. The greenery that the venue provides includes palm fronds, etc…so it will look very beachy, which is definitely not the look I’m going for. I’m going to hit the drawing board on this issue…any ideas for me?

Up next? I’ll give you a sneak peek at the location of cocktail hour!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, please feel free to leave me one! Thanks! :)