Monday, August 24, 2009

Hair Through the Years, Part 1

For those of you who know me, you are familiar with the fact that my hair style has never been on the long side.


As a baby, I was bald for quite some time, so my hair was naturally short for the first few years of my life.


 Typical face....verrrrry typical!

Then came the tiny little pigtail stage…

Can we say...daddy's girl???

And then around kindergarten, it was back to the somewhat mushroom-like shaped hair cut.


It was the 90's...and a dance recital...holy sequins, Batman!!!

Oh yes, the rodeo! Look at that matching outfit!

I did rebel for a short time during middle school. I mean, come on, all the girls had long hair! I felt the need to conform, can you blame me? Thus began the awkward stage of long hair, bangs, and braces. Oh, and not to mention some pretty awful clothes. I prefer not to share with you photos of that time, just trust me that they are bad. Just think: Converse sneakers with tube socks jocked up to mid calf. I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.


Did you have any hair/fashion successes or grand failures as a kid? Do you cringe when you see old photos documenting this terrible stage in your life???

1 comment:

  1. I don't really have a hair horror story, but I did have the (now) embarassing fetish for huge, 80s style dangly earrings all throughout my childhood. Fancy dress? Giant diamonds as big as a marble! Track suit? Two inch long rabbits wearing running shoes! :P Is it any wonder now that I only wear pearl studs??

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, please feel free to leave me one! Thanks! :)