I'm just going to come right out and say it: I'm totally in love with our florist! Wait, correction...BOTH my mom and I are in love!
After I won $500 in flowers from another florist, I was feeling a little pressured to book them for the wedding day. However, something just wasn't clicking completely, and I couldn't figure out what it was (well, that and the fact that the store reneged on their $500 prize because I wanted to purchase bulk flowers and arrange them myself...ugh, but that is another story for another day). So, I decided to at least look into a few other options before I made my final decision. I found The Bride's Bouquet on Carlouel's preferred vendor list, and I gave them a call. Thankfully, they were still available for our wedding date, so I set up a meeting. Mom and I met up with Debbie and we talked flowers for an hour or two. She was SO nice, very knowledgeable, and had a ton of ideas to help with my vision. She really "got" the vision/theme that I am hoping to achieve for the wedding.
And...do you want to know my absolute FAVORITE thing about Debbie? The flower contract includes a flower preview! On Friday afternoon before the wedding, I will be able to drive to her shop to see all of our bouquets, boutonnieres, etc. all ready to go! It will also allow for changes to be made/ rearranging to occur. And, I will be able to have peace of mind knowing that everything will be gorgeous for the big day! Woo hoo! In the end, after taking a look at her price quotes, we quickly realized that The Bride's Bouquet was extremely reasonable. We booked Debbie as our florist on the spot!
Last week, we all got together again to go over our order/fine tune the details. I can't wait to see everything! Here's a little sneak preview of what will be included in our flowers:
- The mantle where we will be having our ceremony in front of will be filled with blush pink peonies and garden roses, as well as greenery and large white pillar candles. The other two mantles in the club will be filled with greenery and the large white pillar candles
- The curly willow branches hanging in the dining room will be filled with small poufs of baby's breath throughout
- For the ceremony set up, every third chair on each side of the aisle will be tied with a pouf of baby's breath
- Bride's bouquet: blush pink peonies, blush pink garden roses, and coral bell foliage (similar to this photo)
- Bridesmaid bouquets: Originally, I wanted to recreate these bouquets:
Oh, and it is unrelated, but seriously...how freaking CUTE are these photos? Ok...I digress...
- Boutonnieres: single ivory ranunculus (Mr. Buttons will have 2)
- Mom will carry a small tussy mussy filled with ivory ranunculus
- Corsages for MIL/grandmothers: these will vary to match their dresses
- Cocktail hour: tables outside will be set with a wine carafe filled with blush pink garden roses and greenery
- Reception tables: each table will have 2-3 vases filled with poufs of baby's breath. After hearing Debbie's extremely reasonable quote, we decided to forego the DIY centerpieces. We will be delivering the vases to her, and she will make them beautiful. AND Mommy Buttons won't be stressed out. Win-win!
I am literally about to burst with excitement at the prospect of seeing my wedding day flowers! Thankfully, I only have a short amount of time to wait!
Were you in love with your florist/flowers/etc?